May 22, 2012

Japan 2012

A couple days fresh off the 12hr flight back to Toronto, I'm revisiting the pictures I took during our recent stay in Japan. Tokyo was our main destination with a day in Kyoto.

One word to describe Tokyo? I can't find it. Too many words to describe it. I will no longer complain about the traffic or the number of people in Toronto. I used to think it was busy in Toronto, especially during events like baseball games or festivals. Tokyo? It's like that, but every -- single -- day.

If there's one thing I brought back from this trip, it would be to take my time. Despite how busy it was over there, people took their time to get to their destination. Every piece of food, every dish that we ate, was prepared with precision, whether it was a simple sandwich or an elaborate sashimi plate. And even when it was an elaborate plate, they prepared it with ease and they had fun with it was well.

Everywhere we went was beautiful, whether it was a thousand year old temple, or a newly built shopping mall. Yes, it was busy throughout the entire day in most areas, but at the same time, you can also find quiet and peaceful areas...

...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment